To serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, interview and professionally handle the member’s daily needs. Provide a variety of transaction services to members including loan processing, closing and disbursal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive and process member transactions received over the counter, by mail or by telephone.
2. Order, sell and reconcile money orders and gift cards.
3. Process credit card cash advance transactions.
4. End of day balancing.
5. Assist potential new members and existing members with the opening of accounts. Cross sell associated products and services.
6. Issue proper documentation and disclosures required for the opening of any type of account.
7. Responsible for member check orders and re-orders.
8. Interview and assist members in completing loan applications.
9. Review loan applications from members to determine feasibility of approving loan requests.
10. Approve loan request for members who meet loan qualifications and present loan requests to Appeals Committee which are not within the loan officer authority or which do not meet credit union guidelines.
11. Secure all documents and signatures to perfect any liens or notes and security agreements.
12. Inspect documents, special forms, and signatures before disbursing loan.
13. Loan officers are responsible to inform members of insurance-related products on all vehicle loans.
14. Notify members of adverse actions by letter to include proper disclosure.
15. Responsible for following all rules and regulations including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Assignment, Review and Approval of Work:
Branch Manager primarily assigns and reviews all work. The schooling and instructions as given are adequate to complete assigned work.
Determining if a member qualifies for a loan by considering all aspects of the individual’s situation for a composite picture of character, capacity and collateral to make judgment of the loan risk factors.
Education and Experience
High school graduate or equivalent
Credit union experience helpful but not required
Proficient in Microsoft software applications
Member service focus with an emphasis on excellence
Excellent communication skills— verbal, written, and listening skills
Ability to work individually and in a team environment
High level of focus, attention to detail and accuracy in a repetitive environment
Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Provides friendly, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates
Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Ability to recognize, research and resolve basic and complex issues
Ability to make decisions and use judgment within proper authority levels
Utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, postage machine etc.
Bilingual in Spanish is a preferred skill
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average up to 8 hours per day.
Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested.
The mental demands include: detailed work, reasoning, math, language, written and verbal communications, multiple concurrent tasks.
Job descriptions are not intended to be and should not be construed as a complete list of all duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent, nor do they constitute an employment contract. Duties, responsibilities, and expectations may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at management’s discretion.
Effective March 4, 2019